Rules & Regulations
The rules here at Etang des Royales are very simple and are in place for the benefit of all our fish & guests:
As from season 2017 only our lake boilies will be allowed, this is for the welfare and benefit of our fish, also giving our guests an even playing field.
- The sacking of fish is strictly forbidden
- A maximum of 3 rods allowed per angler
- No particles, pellets or nuts
- As from season 2017 only our lake boilies will be allowed, this is for the welfare and benefit of our fish, also giving our guests an even playing field.
- Mainline must be a minimum of 0.35 diameter (visit this link for a guide to lines)
- No leaders of any description
- Tubing must be used at all times and must be fixed to the lead clip so it will not become disconnected when playing a fish
- Barbed hooks only, no long shank hooks
- No hooks larger than size 8
- No running rigs
- No chod rigs
- Tubing should be a minimum of 1m in length
- No backleads including flying backleads
- No baited rods to be left unattended
- Anglers fish as pairs for the safety of the fish and each other, please ensure both anglers are present when lines are in the water
- No baiting spoons or boats of any description
- All fish to be returned unharmed - all procedures pertaining to unhooking, carp care and photographing to be carried out in the water
- Landing nets must be a minimum of 42"
- Please use weigh slings and unhooking mats provided
- Never leave rods on the bank or rod rests with hooks still baited, as these food items could be and will be picked up by our birds or animals
- No glass bottles allowed on site
- Please take with you all your rubbish when you leave our fishery
- Please avoid casting into other anglers' swims
- Please respect other anglers, guests, wildlife and bankside vegetation
We recommend a simple semi-fixed safety bolt rig when fishing for a carp with a length of suitable tubing approximately 1m, safety clip which allows the swivel to be fixed into the safety / lead clip, a quick change swivel for the hooklink which will help with the unhooking process too. The tubing should be fixed to the lead clip to protect the fish but the tail rubber must be able to move up the tubing to allow the lead to discharge. Hooks need only to be a size 10 or 8, we prefer size 10 hooks but please no hooks bigger than a size 8 and of course all must be barbed.
Should you have any questions regarding our rules, please do get in touch with us via email or Facebook.
Any breach of these rules may result in the immediate removal of your right to fish and if deemed necessary, you may be required to leave the complex completely. No refund will be given in these circumstances.